Monday 9 April 2012

How do you "really" determine KW competitiveness?

I have a potential client that is running a regional Insurance agency. I know from working with other very competitive industries that they are just that.. competitive. (such as mortgage brokers, banks, hosting companies, etc.)

But, how do you actually identify that the potential client needs more "heat" to get them ranked higher? In other words, the keyword "health insurance" is listed at Adwords as being "Medium" competition (although you would pay $73,000 per DAY for this). Whereas something like "health insurance texas" is identified as being "High" competition and about 4x PPC value (but with lower search volume of course)

In general, I have a standard configuration for standard clients that works well, but when I have client that is theoretically in a competitive market, I need to bump up the link-building .. but by how much and how do I determine this? I need to justify this to the client.

No comments:

Post a Comment